Tuesday 22 January 2013

New Year. New Job. New Clothes

Hello. It has been so long. Again.
If I posted more often I wouldn't have to make every post an "update".

So I will start with Happy New Year. I know this is old news, but I mean it! Hope everybody had super amazing holidays. Ours were really nice, but they went by way to quickly. I have two weeks off of work and it was fantastic. I feel like I was busy most of that time - yet I didn't really do/accomplish anything. Not really sure how that works.

Second, I started my new job! I am official a "Tax Analyst". Sounds fancier than it is. So far it has consisted of a LOT of learning and feeling overwhelmed. I know it is going to take a while to feel comfortable and have an idea of what I am doing, I am trying to deal with this.

With this new job came lots of new clothes. The dress code at my office is quite a bit more professional than places that I have worked in the past. I felt that I needed quite a few new things, but I think I may have gone a little overboard with skirts and pants. The sales that I found were fantastic ( I am a sucker for a good sale!!), I will be sharing them with you as well. I may not need winter clothes for a long time. Don't tell the hubby, because we all know I will buy them anyway. Once spring comes I will have to put the wool and tweed into storage and go on another spree for spring/summer clothes (looking forward to it), I could also use more dress shirts, but I will have to do this in stages!

In the mean time I will try to share some of these new clothes. It has been extremely cold here, so most of the pictures are pretty lame, with me trying to find a clean place in the house to take them. Ignore the surroundings, focus on the clothes. Thank you. And here is my outfit from my first day at the new job:

 Yes, I did leave my tree up well into January...

 A little bit closer up on the faux fur collar. (Major love for faux fur right now!)
Here it is hanging. Gives a better idea of the length (since my "assistant cut off the bottom in all the pictures)
The coat is from RW&Co. On boxing day (the day after Christmas for any non-Canadians) RW&Co was having a sale 50% of entire store (except new arrivals). They had a lot of items, including this coat, that were already on sale and you got an additional 50% of the sale price. That is my kind of sale!

And the outfit under the coat.

Out Fit Details:
Shirt: American Eagle - I believe that this was on sale for $19, this is a couple months old
Skirt RW&Co.  - at 50% off the sale price it came to $30
Shoes: Expression (from The Bay) - at 40% of the sale price they came to $30
Coat: RW&Co. - at 50% off the sale price it came to $97


Close up of the skirt material. Love this color!                And the shoes up close.


Wow that got long. Come back for some more outfits, and more amazing sales!


No comments:

Post a Comment