Tuesday 24 May 2011

60 days --- Edmonton

We are back! Actually we were back late Sunday night, but this is the first chance I have had since then to blog. We had a great trip and it was really nice to be able to spend so much time with Aaron.


The main reason for our trip was a reception for the daughter of some family friends of the Moffatt's. It was a very nice reception and the couple are really cute together. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures. Aaron's dad did take one of me and Aaron, so if I can get my hands on that I will share that.


Our second reason for going to Edmonton was IKEA! I have loved that store as long as I can remember, but this is the first time I have been there when I actually needed furniture. We spent about 3 hours there, and ended up with a couple great pieces of furniture. Some day I would like to go there with out a budget!!
Our two main purchases were:


A Couch

IKEA
 It looks like a sectional, but it actually a love seat and chaise that can be built together to look like a sectional. It is great because if we move to a bigger place you can add on pieces to make it look however you want. The cover is also removable so it can be switched if we get sick of it or it get wrecked.Every computer I look at it on the colour looks different, the actual colour is a really dark grey.


The second piece:
Dining Room Table




Our friends have the same one, and it is great for little spaces. But if you have people over it can fold out to seat more people.


IKEA
We also got a few little knick knack things, which includes 7 accent pillows. They don't have covers, but they are a fantastic price, and I am really excited to be able to pick out whatever fabric I want to cover them with.


I can't even begin to describe how great it was to have 4 days off in a row. I can't remember the last time I did, but I certainly needed it. But the last day of a little holiday always means there is a lot to be done. I have a lot of little errands to do today (mostly wedding related, so that makes it a little more fun). I also have a DIY project that I want to start today, and Aaron and I start pre-marriage counselling tonight. So I better get off the computer and get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment