Tuesday 7 June 2011

TA DA!! -- 46 days

Today I say Ta Da for two reasons, 1 Aaron and I found a place to live and 2 my first "big" project is complete.

Starting with our place. The building is a duplex, the basement is divided into 2 suites and we are renting one of them. It is located in Sutherland, and there are fantastic bus routes to the university so that is awesome for us. It is a really small place, but it seems clean and there are a lot of big windows so we will make it work. The craziest part of all of this is that I haven't actually been in the place. Aaron had a few days off work and went to see some places, I happened to be working when he looked at this place so I couldn't go. He though that it was a good idea to get it so I trusted him ( and the pictures that I saw). He has some pictures on his blackberry, I will post them sometime.

And the second thing, my first "big" project. I put big in quotes because it is my largest so far, but it really isn't that big.  I got the idea for the end table off of an episode of marriage under construction on HGTV.  I got this end table off kijiji for $15:
I took it apart and spray painted it in "aluminium". Ran into a a couple of hick ups (won't bore you with details), worked them out.
The top is covered with a mirror that I found at stokes for $35. It was more than I wanted to spend, but I knew that it was perfect.

I have yet to glue the mirror to the table top. I think it is safer to wait until after we move, but this is what it will look like:
I absolutely love it. I think it might have even turned out better than my inspiration one.
All together it cost me almost $60, more than I was anticipating spending, but still much cheaper than buying an end table brand new (and I wouldn't like it half as much) so it is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment